Adam O'Reel, Division Chairperson Drivers Education
Phone Extension X7655
20-21 Remote Learning UPDATE
PEHS will be continuing behind the wheel instruction this semester. Times will be available before/after school and on weekends. Current safety guidelines set by the Secretary of State, PSD 202, and IDPH are listed below and must be followed.
• We will allow only two students and one instructor per vehicle. Cancellations must be done 24hrs in advance!! Failure to do so or NO-SHOW will result in removal from driving times and placed behind other remaining student drivers. The state and district does not allow us to drive with 1 student, so the other student driver is effected as they are sent home.
• Face coverings must be worn, unless medically contraindicated.
• Upon arrival at East student drivers must wait in their parent’s car until the driving instructors bring them into the Driver Ed car. Students will not be allowed in the building.
• NO eating and drinking in the vehicle.
• We will clean and disinfect the steering wheel, door handles, seatbelt fastener, controls/dials that the driver would come in contact with, keys, etc. in between each behind-the-wheel session.
• We will Conduct regular routine cleaning and disinfecting of the seats.
Semester 1 driving will continue during this remote learning phase. You will receive more information from your teacher through Google Classroom.
For Junior and Senior students still trying to complete lessons; We will still be releasing the Sign up through the PEHS website http://pehs.psd202.org/page/drivers-ed . You must create a Signup Genius account (use student name) if you have not done so already. We will release times every Friday morning and please check the signup daily as time slots will open often. All driving fees must be up to date and you must have completed the drivers education classroom portion.
How to create Sign Up Genius Account https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VAQegfOLynFXgMT7POmJMggIffEtbSyc
BTW Driving Sign Up Link
PEHS Driver Education Resource Page!
All information in regards to classroom, legal, procedural, licensing resources will be found here!
Click the image
Stay updated with what's happening at Plainfield East High School
CLICK HERE TO UNSUBSCRIBE
Home Access Center
12001 S. Naperville RoadPlainfield, IL 60585
Main Office: (815) 577-0324
Attendance Office: (815) 577-0660
Fax: (815) 577-0979
Joe O'Brien - Principal