Adam O'Reel, Department Chairperson Drivers Ed
Phone Extension X5970
We received guidelines from ISBE and IDPH regarding the continuing of behind the wheel instruction this summer at Plainfield East High School. These guidelines will differ from how instruction has operated in the past but guidelines below are mandatory procedures that will be followed to resume behind the wheel instruction. In order to provide behind-the-wheel training to students in driver’s education in compliance with all Secretary of State and IDPH safety requirements, the following procedures will be followed by the instructors:
• We will allow only two students and one instructor per vehicle.
• Face coverings must be worn, unless medically contraindicated.
• Upon arrival at East student drivers must wait in their parent’s car until the driving instructors bring them into the Driver Ed car. Students will not be allowed in the building.
• NO eating and drinking in the vehicle.
• We will clean and disinfect the steering wheel, door handles, seatbelt fastener, controls/dials that the driver would come in contact with, keys, etc. in between each behind-the-wheel session.
• We will Conduct regular routine cleaning and disinfecting of the seats.
Driving Instruction will begin at Plainfield East on Monday 6/15. We will be releasing the Sign up through the PEHS website http://pehs.psd202.org/page/drivers-ed at noon Thursday 6/11. You must create a Signup Genius account (use student name) if you have not done so already. We will be releasing the first three weeks of the schedule first and adding additional dates and times weekly (Fridays). Check the signup daily as time slots will open often. All driving fees must be up to date and you must have completed the drivers education classroom portion.
How to create Sign Up Genius Account https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VAQegfOLynFXgMT7POmJMggIffEtbSyc
Summer BTW Driving Sign Up Link
PEHS Driver Education Resource Page!
All information in regards to classroom, legal, procedural, licensing resources will be found here!
Click the image