Click HERE for daily announcements and other PEHS related items.
Below you will find announcements that are read over our intercom system. Please click the link above for more info about things happening at PEHS!
Tuesday, February 13, 2018
The word of the week: trite – repeated to often; overfamiliar through overuse
- The 2018 Prom is sooner than you think, and tickets will be going on sale in less than two months. If you are bringing a date from another school, you must have a date request form filled out AND SIGNED by both your PEHS dean and the other school’s administrator in order to buy your ticket. These forms are available NOW and are due by March 16. These forms take time to complete, so grab yours from the attendance office TODAY. Late forms will not be accepted. stay tuned for more details regarding ticket sale dates and prices.
- Happy early Valentine’s Day Bengals! National Honor Society will be selling carnations for Valentine’s Day February 13th and 14th. They are $2 for 1 or $5 for 3. All profits will be donated to the Chicago Collation for the Homeless. Please help support our cause by purchasing a carnation!
- Poetry Club will meet on Friday, February 16th from 2:20-3:00 in 418. Turn in your Crossing the Street Workshop permission forms before Friday!
- "Hey second hour students! Global Citizenship Club needs your help! We are holding a "Change Challenge" benefitting the Thirst Project, a non-profit organization that provides life-saving, clean drinking water to countries in need. Here's how it works: From today until Thursday, February 22nd, bring in any spare change you have and donate it to the labeled container in your 2nd period class. The class that collects the most change will win a donut party! Thanks in advance for any donations!"
- "Attention Anime Club! We will have a meeting this week on Wednesday, February 14th in room 416. Join for fun and games, tell your friends and spread the word!"
- Hola Bengals! Treat yourself or your Valentine to something sweet! Latin American Student Organization will be selling and delivering churros for $2! Pick up your order from in Student Services today!
- Attention all Bengals! You can now recycle your empty chip bags in the cafeteria and in many classrooms, including the band room, Mrs Jones's, Mrs Lotarski's, Mrs Strum's, and Mr O'donahue's room's. Please continue to put your paper and plastic bottles into the regular recycling. Thank you for helping to keep recyclables out of the landfill. Also, the student environmental action coalition will meet on Tuesday in 415. We we'll be filming our commercial about the chip bag recycling program. See ms young with any questions.
- Due to the snow day last Friday, Red Cross Club is meeting on Friday Feb. 16 in Room 413 with Ms. Simonic to discuss the results of our Mitten Tree event and finalize the calendar of events for the semester. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Hey students! Are you looking for your soulmate? Well, we can’t help with that, but we can help you find a good book! Come join us in the Media Center on Wednesday, 2/21 for speed dating with books! We will start at 2:20 and snacks will be served!
- Attention Latin American Student Organization members, we have a meeting today at 2:20 in the 100 Open Area. New members are welcomed to join us!
- Attention Bengals! Tomorrow, Wednesday February 14th the Rise Above Club and the African Student Association will have their very first joint meeting. Come to the 200 open area from 2:15-3:15 for their Valentine's day themed meeting.
Today’s News in Sports:
"There will be a Badminton meeting today the 13th at 2:30 in room #193! We will discuss try-outs, and afterward, we will have open nets until 3:45. If your unable to attend please see Coach Early.
"Attention any boy who is interested in trying out for boys volleyball, There will be an open gym today Feb 13th from 4:30 to 6:30 and another open gym Thursday Feb 15th from 6:30 to 8:30."
Spring sports registration has started. If you are interested in trying out for a spring sport, you need to complete the online registration on 8 to 18. We also need to have a copy of your current sports physical in the athletic office. If these items are not complete, you will not be allowed to try out or practice for a winter sport.
Monday – February 26 – Girls Badminton, Baseball, Softball, Girls Soccer, and Boys Tennis starts
Monday – March 5 – Boys Volleyball starts
Boys Track and Girls Track has already started but it is not too late to sign up.
REMEMBER, IT’S BEST TO BE A BENGAL AND HAVE A GREAT BENGAL DAY!